Search engine optimizers know the benefits of Mobile-First indexing, and they always suggest websites that are mobile responsive. In the world of Mobile-first indexing, many things remain hidden. We have discussed details so that you can understand the key points even though you are not from a technical background. If you want to improve your website’s rank, you must concentrate on this indexing. Consult with an experienced SEO consultancy to boost your website’s rank.
Remember that there is no separate mobile-first index. Mobile-first indexing means that Google uses the mobile version of your website for ranking and indexing purposes. In 2018, Google revealed that the mobile version of your website gets indexed. If you have separate URLs for desktop and mobile versions, then Google will show the mobile version to mobile users and the desktop version to the desktop users separately.
Although Google announced this indexing in 2017, it has delayed the complete rollout because of problems with robots meta tags, lazy loading, blocked assets, primary content, and more.
Mobile-first indexing is applied to your website by default if you have published your website after July 1, 2019. Search engines often get confused with a few terms like mobile usability. It is a different thing from mobile-first indexing. In clear words, mobile-friendliness and mobile-responsive layouts are not the mandatory criteria for mobile-first indexing.
Why mobile-first indexing is important:
The topic has been discussed earlier also, and every website these days follows mobile-first indexing rules. Google concentrates that every website should provide an equal experience to users on mobile and desktop versions.
Here, the same experience can hold different meanings, and they are:
- Make sure that Google Bots can access both mobile and desktop versions of your website.
- Your mobile version of the site contains the same content as your desktop site.
- Use the same meta robot tags for your mobile and desktop sites.
- Use the same heading for your mobile and desktop sites.
- The structured data for your mobile and desktop sites should be the same.
Google also explained that if the mobile version of your website purposefully has less data than your desktop version, you will also experience less traffic on your website. So, you must choose SEO Services for your website because there are so many things for your websites.
Mobile-First Indexing Best Practices:
We have discussed some of the best practices that you can maintain for mobile-first indexing. If you want to improve the rank of your website, you must concentrate on a few things.
- Ensure that Google must crawl your resources
- Keep the metadata the same for mobile and desktop sites.
- Ensure that your ad does not cause bad experiences for your users.
- Provide high-quality images for your mobile site.
- Use the supported format for your images and videos.
- Eliminate video and image URLs that change every time you load your mobile site.
Visit SEO Agency for your website’s search engine optimization. We take care of the points that others missed. If you want a higher rank, choose the best packages from SEO services. Please contact us to know more.